Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Some thoughts on "Growing Kids God's Way"

A common affliction among evangelical and fundamental Christians is an infatuation with the work of Gary Ezzo, especially with "Growing Kids God's Way." I went through the course once, and have also read "Babywise," much to my regret.

Regret? Absolutely. The critical flaw in all of Ezzo's work that I've seen is that it downplays and even ignores the work of Christ in a child's life. When I took GKGW, my pastor made this point repeatedly, and even pointed out that some of Ezzo's comments bordered on Pelagianism.

Such a record does not, at least if I'm reading 1 Timothy correctly, qualify the man to teach.

And here's what I recommend instead.

2 comments:

Ben said...

Bubba- To answer your question, it was a personal challenge that turned into a diet that turned into Lent. Which is as roundabout a way of doing things as I can imagine.

Bike Bubba said...

Good for you, then, Ben....and welcome here!