Friday, May 12, 2006

What do tough guys wear?

Sometimes ten gallon hats, sometimes fatigues, but this tough guy is wearing a ten gallon pin today. Hooah! That's eighty donations to help around 240 people live longer and better when they needed plasma, red cells, or platelets to survive accidents, surgery, or chemotherapy.

Overcome your fear of needles and be a tough guy yourself. You may get a pin or two, or even a bumper sticker announcing the the world that you, too, have a big hand in helping the world to see another day. Hooah!

4 comments:

Mercy Now said...

Holy toledo that's a lot, awesome! They say that when you give blood often, it makes you healthier due to your body producing new blood. Organ donation is another easy thing to sign up as well. After all, when we die, we won't be needing them so why not give life to others.

Mark said...

Good on ya, Bert!

However, the subject leaves my elbows hurting. I know that it's just sympathy pain, but I'm not sure if it's because of my previous dealings with needles or because I, too, have patted myself on the back from time to time...

;^)

And I'm not kidding they are starting to ache!

Bike Bubba said...

We'll keep this the only "pin post" then. :^) Well said, Mark.

(regarding donation-induced pain, the worst of it is generally the initial "stick"--the iodine disinfectant gets into the bloodstream and that hurts for a minute. I've only had bruising once or twice in all those donations....so the likely elbow pain is from back-patting, not giving blood. )

Mark said...

You may "pin post" as much as you like. I will survive the phantom pains. :^)

It is something that you, rightly, believe to be important and charitable. And, although I am not so moved, I do applaud your generosity and consistency.

Just let me or someone nearer to you pat you on the back -- you need those elbows to rest and heal for better things! :^)