Friday, November 10, 2006

Political postmortem

It's intriguing to me that I only received two political mailings from liberals this year, neither of them directly from the Democrats. One was from a group called "Coloradans for Life", and attacked Marilyn Musgrave with false allegations. Another was from a group called "Faith and Family Values," and attacked the GOP in general with false allegations. In both cases, the real identity was hidden, and the allegations were misleading to downright false.

I'm sure that liberals can point to conservatives doing some of this, too. For my part, though, I'm going to do what I can to see if political debate can be brought a bit out of the gutter. I will remember the depths to which many will go in order to win.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wolves in sheeps clothing. There's nothing new under the sun.

Bike Bubba said...

I'm surprised--I didn't hear anything from Rowley, Hatch, Klobuchar, and so on. Kinda nice--since I knew what they stood for anyway and didn't need to throw things away--but it might have been good for these guys to send some things out.