Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Things people will believe....

First, evidently environmentalists in Britian are apparently making the claim that flowers reaching London have gone 33,800 miles on average--about 30% more than the distance around the world--on their way to market from the Netherlands and Africa to London. Yes, energy used in transporting goods can be a concern, environmentally speaking, but these folks seriously need to consult a map.

Second, there are apparently people who are teaching young black children that men don't like large breasts on women, among other falsehoods. I would guess that this comes as something of a surprise to plastic surgeons in Edina. (don't worry, the link is work safe)

You know, it seems to me that there is virtually no limit to what people will believe when they don't think.

3 comments:

Shawn said...

...that must've been a part of the video...I still haven't watched it over at ab's blog.


I, however, am a big fan of breasts. Let me stand and be counted against these heresies.

Bike Bubba said...

Shawn, it's worth a watch--and of course I'm not trying to pick on Anthony for posting it, but for the life of me, it's surreal what some people have apparently been telling kids.

Shawn said...

I'd be surprised if it's actually overt teaching that they're receiving.

That wasn't the case in brown vs. b.o.e....but it was nonetheless true that the kids were learning it.

That's enough talking out of my arse for now, though...I'll watch and report back. :)