Monday, August 27, 2007

Surreal on Sunday

My family & I took our homemade flat-bottomed rowboat "Water Bug" to the lake this weekend, and as I rowed two of my daughters back to the shore, I was surprised to see a group of young people in a $30,000 ski boat admiring my $200 johnboat. Evidently I was not only getting more exercise than they were, I was also in a cooler "ride."

If you need to look cool at the lake, let me know. A small gift will suffice to rent the "Water Bug." Just promise to wear a life vest in case gawking teenagers accidentally run the little craft over.

Equally surreal to me would be anyone who is able to read this book (which I'm reading now) and not have some desire to take part in the great conversation.

And a final surreal thing for the day--and very encouraging--is Michael Vick's apology for his crimes. Whether he means it or not, I cannot tell (I'll assume he does mean it), but it's really nice to see someone offer a real apology these days.

And sad to say, also surreal in a way.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Pictures of boat?