Tuesday, October 09, 2007

A Real Sport

OK, enough with the steroid-laden freaks chasing hoghide around a grass or plastic field in front of tens of thousands of overweight, generally drunken, fans. I want to talk about a real sport played by real men, training them in crucial life skills needed to protect those they love in the case of crisis. Watch them as they lovingly overcome obstacles on the way to a laudable goal.

I am referring, of course, to wife carrying, and the regrettable fact that the husbands of the world allowed apparently not one, but two unmarried couples to arrive at the finish line in Newry, Maine before ALL of the married couples.

Gentlemen, we can't take this sitting down as we watch Michigan State or Florida lose yet another eminently winnable game. Pick up your beloved and run around the house for the honor of holy wedlock!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder what the retirement age is in this sport. I may have been able to compete in my 20's; but then again, I didn't get married until I was 35.

I wonder what kind of handicap they'd allow in the over 50 category?

Bike Bubba said...

Retirement age is when your knees will no longer support your weight and that of your wife for 253 yards, I dare say. Husband up!