Friday, October 19, 2007

The very definition of moral hazard?

I learned today that here in Minnesota, you can have a six figure income and receive WIC benefits. Evidently, the definition of "the poor" in Minnesota can include a fair number of doctors and lawyers, and we must conclude that our legis-critters think you can get that kind of income without, apparently, learning how to feed, clothe, and dress yourself and your children.

Just earn below a very generous maximum, and demonstrate that you survive on Bug Light and Doritos, and you're in. Moral hazard, paid for with your tax dollars.

H/T SayAnything Blog.

5 comments:

Shawn said...

well, I know what I'm having for dinner tonight!

Bike Bubba said...

Poor Angel! I thought you had better taste in beverages!

Remember that you have to live here, and have a child, before applying. Ready for 20 below and 2am feedings? :^)

Shawn said...

Ha! Yeah...not ready for that.

I'm actually sick of bud light now...used to be my favorite beer, but now becks is the fav..trying st. pauli girl and bud select right now.

Shawn said...

...it was budweiser select and sunchips, which is so much classier. I'm afraid I'm above the threshold for your welfare.

Bike Bubba said...

Actually, I think a low protein diet qualifies too, so unless you added cheese, meat, or something like that....

I actually learned the art of drinking in Germany, and vividly remember my first Bugweiser back in the States. It was weird to not be able to taste it after the first sip--it was like someone from "Nawlins" trying food in Minnesota.

Try some Bitburger, Paulaner, or a nice heavily hopped microbrew. Your taste buds will thank you.