Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Bare feet for the Pelosi/Obama Depression

Mark directed my eyes to a very interesting article about how all those very expensive running (and "comfort") shoes may not be doing much for foot health. As much as I enjoy good shoes (and distrust cheap ones), I decided to give bare feet a try today--OK, slipper-shod--while I walked my dog.

What I noticed; your feet really do "work" a lot more when they're not encased in rubber and cloth, and you "feel" everything in a way that you ordinarily don't. I also noticed that I really do have a habit of slamming my feet down and using my heels where I perhaps ought to be using my toes. Maybe I'll give it a longer term try and see what happens. Who knows? My next pair of "running shoes" could have Chuck Taylor's name on them.

1 comment:

Mark said...

I've got some "Starbury" basketball shoes. They work very well, are very inexpensive, and don't have much in the way of padding.

Too bad the store that sold them locally went out of bidness.