Friday, June 12, 2009

A true lady of the people

My wife's "American Sewing Guild" magazine notes that the fabric used for the dress Michelle Obama wore to the inauguration costs a cool $500/yard, and is only 33 inches wide. It's apparently a very nice Swiss woolen, and (my guess) her dress had at least five yards of the material in it. My guess is that many of us are buying pretty decent cars for less than Mr. Obama spent for his wife's dress.

Now I have nothing against fine fabrics, as I'm part owner of a business that sells them--though Blumenkinder Heirlooms doesn't have anything for $500/yard, or anywhere close to that. However, the silence of the same liberals who pilloried Gov. Palin for her wardrobe choices is deafening, and it's very interesting to see this same cast of characters chastising corporate America for taking prosperity for all it's worth while doing exactly the same thing themselves.

2 comments:

imfreenow.blogspot.com said...

Does it surprise you?

imfreenow.blogspot.com said...

I just published a letter by Lou Pritchett in which he tells how Obama scares him, and some Obama lover came on and told me that I am a "hater" because I question Obama. How lame. How long do we have to endure this kind of obtuse thinking?