Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Yikes

$15,000 in delinquent dental bills (most likely from $25,000 to $70,000 in original cost, depending on insurance), breaking her foot while walking through the airport.....it sounds like Ms. Sotomayor has some serious health problems. I'm no doctor, but I do have to wonder whether it's an issue of her diabetes (type 1, childhood), or whether it's a question of how she's cared for herself, or not.

Put gently, I don't envy her financial situation, or her health. Yikes.

4 comments:

Broke My Ankle Too said...

And hardly wise- no diabetic should ignore an injury to a foot.
And one doesn't put weight on a broken joint until it is healed. What was she thinking?

Gino said...

she's thinking what many on the right should be thinking: it'll be a short tenure on SCOTUS.

Mr. D said...

no diabetic should ignore an injury to a foot.

Excellent point - I know several people with diabetes who've had to have their feet amputated later on.

Good post, BB. I think you're on to something important here.

Bike Bubba said...

I actually hope not, but when you've got two major issues involving whether or not the bones/teeth are adequately calcified, one really ought to take notice. Could be a total accident, but...