Thursday, November 12, 2009

If you suffer from depression....

.....you might want to take a look at this article from Dr. Mercola. Yes, I know the man and his views are controversial, but in this case, I think he has a point. I've got several people in my extended family and among my friends who have been on antidepressants, and one thing that I've noticed is that help doesn't seem to come from a bottle of Prozac (apologies to my brother-in-law who works for Lilly). Rather, it comes when a man takes responsibility for his life and starts making healthy choices.

And for that matter, it looks like his prescription would do a lot of good for those at risk for heart disease, diabetes, and possibly even cancer.

1 comment:

Gino said...

i'm not a big proponent of wide use of depression meds, but will admit they have their legitimate uses.

i had to go one them last winter. it turned my attitude, and life, around for the better, and made healing easier.