Here, courtesy of The Brave Lass via The Brothers Bayly. Why such a brilliant picture of evangelical feminism? Let me count the ways:
1. The CBE author is a member of an Episcopalian church, not generally considered "Evangelical" to begin with. Evangelical feminism is liberalism masquerading as orthodoxy.
2. The author makes the charge that 500 years of Protestant Bible translation has wrongly "masculized" the Scripture, and is "revising" the Word to conform to her views. Obviously those great men of God who translated the Scriptures--and directly or indirectly taught her every bit of Greek and Hebrew she knows--did not know Greek and Hebrew. Look for the new translation to make the "NGV" (TNIV) look positively patriarchal in comparison.
3. Look at those demands; no Christian humility for the author, let alone an actual argument from Scripture. Nope, it'll be demands; "We're fierce, we're feminists, and we're in your face!" That's the way to present your ideas humbly, winning them without a word.
4. Notice the new name for God; "Godde." Just as Christians seek to distance themselves from the word Allah in some lands, so do these ladies seek to distance themselves from the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob. (and doing a great job, mind you....not that I encourage it)
5. Notice the conference was in Seneca Falls--home of a famous early feminist convention attended by sundry homewreckers.
My favorite part is the demand; a demand, of course, must be made by one who believes he has the right to require an action of something. In theological matters such as these, a demand is properly made...by a superior of an inferior.
That is, in a nutshell, where evangelical feminism leads. It does not content itself with equality, but aims to overturn the created order--and ahem, not just with regards to men, but also with regards to God. They are not renaming Him, they are replacing Him--and (#2) His Word.
Satirically Soeaking - Joe Doakes from Como Park emails: . Governor Mark Dayton (DFL- Minnesota) astounded his critics today by amending his legislative proposal to include $100,...
31 minutes ago