Tuesday, March 15, 2011

ViQueens stadium thoughts.....

One "reason" given by advocates of a new stadium for the ViQueens is that if we lose them, we'd be nothing more than a cold Omaha.


On the bright side, if the Twin Cities became a "Cold Omaha," wouldn't we have a lot of good steakhouses within a ten minute drive, and wouldn't we have the five time national champion Nebraska Cornhuskers just an hour away? Sign me up! We'd finally have a decent football team in the state--and it wouldn't depend on the Packers or Bears coming to town!

2 comments:

Howard AE0Z said...

As a resident of Omaha, I take offense .. well, no I don't. If you ever find yourself in town this Summer, let me know and I'll see if I can get tickets to a Omaha Storm Chasers baseball game at Werner Park. I like it here. And I will happily accept the lack of a real pro franchise because I also lack real big city traffic. I can watch the Packers on TV just fine.

Bike Bubba said...

:^), and welcome here. Count me as one who would gladly watch the minor leagues in exchange for far lower ticket prices and such....and a good steakhouse five minutes away.